10 things you should know to have a successful shopping spree:
1. Know what you want but be open to what the market might offer you. Sometimes being too rigid about what you envision and not being able to find it can make you irritable and spoil your shopping day.
2. Know your size and measurements. Especially when street shopping. Slowly you will gain the expertise of simply looking at a garment and knowing in your head exactly how its going to fit. Know your body and understand fabrics and fits.
3. Observe and rectify. With time and keen observation you will understand the kind of cuts and fits which are flattering on you so you don’t have to waste too much time in the trial room or pick confidently when a trial room isn’t available.
4. Having said that, don’t feel lazy to try out a lot of different pieces. Even if some are out of your comfort zone. Trying them out isn’t hurting anybody and will help you understand your body type better.
5. Keep yourself hydrated. Smoothies, fruit juice, good old H2O. Whatever works for you.
6. Shop light. Don’t already carry a heavy bag filled with things on your shopping spree. Throw on a sling bag so your hands can be free for all the rummaging through piles and picking from hangers.
7. Have a budget. We don’t want to feel guilty at the end of the day. Always have a budget and never exceed it. Its alright if you have to let a few amazing pieces go. They will come back and if not will be available online easily at a time when you do have saved up enough bucks. (And that will feel way more rewarding than the guilt of over spending)
8. Always take a break for a small healthy snack. Nothing too heavy as you don’t want to end up feeling sleepy and cutting the trip short. But starvation can make one impatient.
9. If you like something and fits your budget, fits your body and goes with your style Pick. It. Up. There is no need for second opinion, self doubting or confusion. YOU like it. YOU will be the one wearing it. BUY. IT.
10. Smile and try to enjoy the experience. Maybe you will come across those great shopping finds or you won’t, do make sure you have a great day.
Photography by Shreyans Zaveri
White Dress – sheinside.com (SHOP HERE)
Fringe Necklace – No Strings Attached (Shop here)
Coral Bag – Cupidity from kiosha.com
Gold Heels – Pink Paisley, Hill Road, Bandra
There is something about a beautiful white dress which makes me instantly reach out to it. I wanted to wear this number before the rains played havoc and forced me to forget all my pretty white outfits. A very well tailored dress, the asymmetrical hemline came as a pleasant surprise (since it did not look that way on the website) and the fit is just perfect on me. I wore it with this unique fringe necklace from No Strings Attached and a few hints of coral.